So i started to look into updating my Dingleberry tool to work with the latest BB10 firmware. The first step was to dump RIM's new filesystem image. I wrote a little utility called rcfsutil for it and posted to my github The next step is to find another exploit we can use to chain my existing undisclosed exploit to gain permanent root access.
Specs for the Smart Watch
- CPU: STM32F205RG (120MHz)
- RAM: 128KB
- Flash: 1MB
- OS: uC/OS-II
- BlueTooth: Yes (3.0)
- Fm Radio: Yes (disabled)
- LCD: 1.3" OLED
- Res: 128 x 128
- Touchscreen: Yes (Capacitive)
- Battery - 110mAh
I was able to obtain 2000 peek mobiles from the CEO of Peek inc. I have open sourced the toolchain myself and a few others built for Linux and our mobile application framework. It's in my peek linux projects source repo http://svn.peeklinux.com
If your interested in helping out join #peekdev on irc.freenode.net
What did I want for Christmas this year? A Linux watch.. But that was too much to ask for so I settled for rooting an Android watch (Yes I'm one of those guys). Even though the boot loader isn't locked it was a little tricky. Motorola doesn't provide stock images. I went about reversing their upgrade soap code and managed to perform a man in the middle attack on their firmware upgrade and dump out the firmware locations.
So most of you know one of my more public projects iEmu. If you don't know about it then you can find more information about it at http://www.iemu.org
Well after using the iWallet for a few weeks and having my friends give me a hard time about it I decided to see if it would blend. But since I don't have a blender I did the next best thing. I called up a friend of mine AJ from Tactical Athletic Performance and asked him if he thought it would stop a bullet. He was pretty convinced that It wouldn't and since I know nothing about guns he took me out to the range and took the shot for me.
Recently I purchased a water damaged iWallet on Ebay and from the start it was pretty clear I wasn't going to be able to fix it. So the logical next step? Strip all the electronics out of it and rebuild it. I made a quick trip to Microcenter and picked up the following:
Arduino Pro (Atmega 328)
Lithium Polymer USB Charger and Battery
- I wrote a cleaner patch for this. You can obtain here http://pastie.org/private/ytfazol0k6nkgzo6zcjb0g and it works on all version of the simulator.
After working on iEmu all day I decided to take a quick break and root the Playbook simulator. I figured this would at least give me some knowledge of the device. It also helps that the simulated version is actually an x86 emulated version of qnx6. After booting it a few times and playing around I was able to login via ssh to the devuser account which is allowed by default but requires some effort.